Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack123 View Post
Honestly, the incessant whining from you crowd. Just looking at a few reviews randomly:

Motor1 - "I appreciate the XM's powertrain, despite my brief time with it. But I adored the electric power-assisted steering from the first turn. The XM may still be in development, but it already has potentially the best steering of any BMW in over a decade and that's because it so clearly mimics older BMWs."

CNET - "BMW says the XM has a perfect 50/50 weight balance, and this SUV's on-road composure is indeed one of its best attributes. Hard launches, harder stops (thanks, 20-inch steel brakes), throwing it into tight bends -- nothing can upset the XM's balance."

Top Gear - "How's the handling?
Pretty astonishing, frankly. 48-volt anti-roll bars keep the high-riding body freakishly flat as the XM is hurled from corner to corner. It's so good, you wonder if they couldn't get away with softening the ride off a tad more in a straight line, to keep up the comfort end of the XM's bargain."
So they decided this platform is where they should debut their best steering system even though we have been voicing our displeasure with the shortcomings of the current system.

My RWD 3'er don't even have 50/50 weight distribution yet this monstrosity is deemed more deserving. I am not the target demographic and feel this is a waste of resources. The target demographic for this monstrosity more than likely wouldn't even care about weight distribution or steering feel yet this is the car where this is a priority.
Apparently you haven't read/heard the reviews of the new M3/M4/M5 I take it? They have been WIDELY lauded as one of, if not the best performing vehicles in their class. Not sure why you think prioritizing performance in this vehicle inhibits BMW from prioritizing elsewhere. And if the target demo "doesn't value" it, then surely that will be reflected in sales figures. Based on the sales of the BMW's M SUVs however, I'm sure they will do just fine.
Appreciate 6
BMWRL596.00
pizza240746.50
AlexFL7833.00
heavyD^23684.00