10-07-2016, 05:54 AM   #218
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post

By the way I don't understand this entire global warming debate here. Even if you don't believe GW exists, we should all be in favor of reducing our dependence on foreign oil, having a cleaner environment, etc.
Okay, that's me. Where have I said in this thread or the many others I've replied on E90 to that I'm against being not dependent on foreign oil and and against not having a clean(er) environment? I do believe global warning exists because it is a natural condition of the Earth. Humans are part of the Earth, so whatever affect they have on global warming is natural as well, just as cows, beavers, forest fires, algae, volcanoes, etc. In fact if it wasn't for global warming, humans wouldn't exist in the first place.

The problem is a bunch of scientists and politicians (who fund the scientists) think they know better than mother nature; they don't. The BS of the Politico/Science envrio-complex is what most of us "non-GW believers" are discussing and are against; we don't favor a dirtier environment and dependence on foreign oil (us USA-based guys at least...).
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0