View Single Post
      05-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #1
fdeschouwe
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 5.0M

Garage List
X7 Quirks and Irks

Took delivery of my X7 5.0M ten days ago. Just realized I already put 1200miles on the car.

Here are some of the quirks of the new car:
-the 2nd row seat has some issues. if it does not click into position for some reason such as a soccer sock in the rail, the driver seat will not adjust or recline to its driver setting.
- every time the second row seat is moved to let the passengers access the third row. The driver seat moves and you have to manually move your driver seat back to your preferred setting.
- the a/c sync buttom which I use frequently as I always transport kids, is embetted in the a/c menu. In my 7series it was a button on the main panel.
- the crystal shifter has a cheap piece of plastic on the back end which is enoying knowing you paid extra for the glass "look".
- the stargaze digital led feature is only on the glas moon roof on the first and second row not on the third row. Still cool at night.
- the second row entertainment equipment is only android compatible when it comes to mirroring or playback capability. I was able to make it work but for a $2.200 option it's unacceptable to not have it seamlessly work with Apple products.
- the X7 M has a wider threshold than the regular X7 and yes your pants will get dirty getting in and out of the car, rubbing against the car.
- the car does not lower when doors are open which in my book defeats the purpose.
Appreciate 2