View Single Post
      06-14-2019, 02:20 PM   #93
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony16 View Post
Wow I’m eyeing the X7 but this post is eye opening.

And, I don’t see much disagreement about what is said here.

What do you like about the X7? Should I reconsider buying an X7?
I love my X7. Easily the best car I've owned.

I can address some of these.

Wireless Charger Target Zone I haven't noticed this with my iPhone Xs Max. It works first time every time I put it in there. In fact, once it was charging and wasn't full in the tray.

Wireless Charging Blue Light I agree it is hard to see it, but I'd rather not. It is pretty bright and distracting at night. The only time it is an issue is looking to make sure the display key is charging. With my phone it vibrates when I set it in. It also displays the charging icon on the screen and in CarPlay (iOS 13 beta version).

Awkward way the front compartment opens I thinks it is simple after the first two time. I push down on the silver trim with the finger grip and not the wood.

Really small glove compartment Same issue here except it is hard with the close with the owners manual in there. There is a bump that gets in the way. No a big deal here as I use the center console more for storing things.

No red/blue temperature shortcut Not entirely sure what this is, I have red/blue arrows to adjust the temp. You can also push the "Menu/AC" down to set/unset sync.

Armrest leather and delicate aluminum trim unprotected with 3rd row folded down Yep.

Slowness of 3rd and 2nd row seats I see some folks complain about this, but I feel like it is just right to prevent any accidents where you don't see something in a seat and hit the button and crush something or poke a hole in a seat.

Captain's Chair passthru wasn't considered I wouldn't say they were not considered, but more they chose not to do that. My dealer told me with the 7-series that is was envisioned as an executive vehicle where they have a driver and want to be really comfortable in the back. That why there are folding tray accessories and coat hangers and such. They repeated that with the X7 that the captains chairs were geared more towards people with drivers to be driven around and be as comfortable as possible. Not necessarily folks frequently using the back row. Could they have made it bigger and accommodated a pass through? Sure, but I intentionally did not consider larger vehicles that had that capability. I also wouldn't like the seats to be narrower to accommodate it either. To each their own.

Stunning lack of 3rd row air vents Yes, this is an oversight.

No remember last position on auto start/stop True it is annoying, but it is easily fixable. BimmerCode can activate Auto SS memory. I have it on and it remembers.

CarPlay works less than half the time I do think this is Apple's issue. I have only had 1 issue with Carplay on iOS 13 beta. I hung up a call and left the vehicle for a while. When I returned I couldn't hear Tidal. When ajusting the volume it only showed the phone ringer volume. Had to hard reboot iDrive. No other connection issues though that folks here have experienced.
Appreciate 0