MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordent2007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
So when you say the power was 'smooth', I assume the vehicle didn't drive too aggressive/jump when you accelerated.

It would be nice to have a vehicle with plenty (and then some) of power when you put the pedal to the metal without getting a whiplash every time you touch the gas-pedal...
So I’ve now put 666 miles on the car since Friday. This thing is so silky smooth it’s unreal. I haven’t pushed it yet as they said I should wait until I hit 1000 miles before, but as far as highway driving goes, it was really nice. For such a big vehicle, it moves without you feeling it. A couple times I caught myself in the high 90s without even realizing it. I’m absolutely amazed by how nice it sounds and set it to sound like sport mode in all modes. In everyday acceleration type situations, I don’t feel it’s jerky at all, but again, I haven’t pushed it hard yet.
I am not sure why they tell you to go easy 1000 miles, this rule was true for cars in the past, as parts had not as high accuracy as they have today. Therefore in the past engine was running easy to shave off "break down" any inconsistency and often they would exchange oil more sooner than today.
The only thing Ali could find was that to go easy on breaks for first tank as they need to fit to the compound discs.
Appreciate 0