Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 428i GC, '15 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTruong View Post
Not really. When you let the car drive, it's pretty smooth. I haven't gotten comfortable with it enough to fully trust it though. However... with that system off, the lane keep assist... it bothers me a lot and I still have not been able to figure out how to completely shut it off. The constant tugging of the steering wheel is like bouncing off of an invisible wall. And you know the car is big too so it's easy to skim the line.
Agreed. It is a bit aggressive. My wife likes it so I leave it engaged. There is a setting in the system to disable it or minimize it if I’m not mistaken. I have already done it in my M5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTruong View Post
Not really. When you let the car drive, it's pretty smooth. I haven't gotten comfortable with it enough to fully trust it though. However... with that system off, the lane keep assist... it bothers me a lot and I still have not been able to figure out how to completely shut it off. The constant tugging of the steering wheel is like bouncing off of an invisible wall. And you know the car is big too so it's easy to skim the line.
Agreed. It is a bit aggressive. My wife likes it so I leave it engaged. There is a setting in the system to disable it or minimize it if I'm not mistaken. I have already done it in my M5.
Yeah I found the setting. Feels much better now.
Appreciate 0