View Single Post
      01-08-2020, 12:17 PM   #18
G80POWER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverMisanthrope View Post
I'd actually sent an email to RaceChip's support the other day — to ask specifically if the chip for the X5 M50i would also work for the X7 M50i — and just finally heard back today:

If accurate, that's a bummer. I wonder what the difference could be. Or maybe he was just trying to blow me off.
I don't think this is correct because I just sent my RaceChip from my F90 M5 back to Ben at RG Sportshop yesterday because he reached out to them and they confirmed it was the same chip as the X5/X6/850 M50i engines and he was going to have it recalibrated. He did say that the chip has to be reprogrammed from the F90 M5 and not to just plug it into the X7 and use it because the M5 tune is more aggressive because the engine internals are much stronger and can handle more power. I believe Ben sells more Racechips than any other vendor.

There was also another user on here that said he just took the Racechip from his X5M and plugged it into his X7. While that would work in theory, it seems that would be very dangerous as it would potentially be putting out too much power. The Racechip is supposed to only add around 49HP on the X7 M50i, whereas the M5 Racechip added much more. I'l let Ben comment on that if he sees this thread.

Last edited by G80POWER; 01-08-2020 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0