View Single Post
      01-15-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
RSouthern
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

3rd row HVAC disabled?

We brought home our new 2020 M50i X7 last weekend and so far really love it, however we've found a problem that seems really odd and possibly dangerous. When the 3rd row seats are folded down, the 3rd row AC is disabled (we have the cold weather package). Probably an attempt to save fuel since you wouldn't need it to cool passengers who aren't sitting there, however the designers/engineers overlooked the possibility of carrying a dog (or dogs) in the back with the seats folded. This seems like it could become a real problem when the summer months roll around. The vents from the 2nd row can be aimed to blow air to the back but you pretty much need the fans a max to do anything, and there's so much glass that I believe the heat back there will be overwhelming.

Does anyone know how to communicate this pet safety concern to the BMW folks so that hopefully a software fix can be provided? I have mentioned this to our dealer and they have verified that the behavior is correct, at least, other X7s they have do the same thing. Seems like the engineers don't have dogs otherwise they may have thought of this.
Appreciate 1
Heimdall136.50