United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 40i, 2020 I3s Bev

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Juan View Post
my mods on 2020 x7 40i
So you bought the Luxury Line and essentially created your own shadow line package? I have been wondering how that would look. A few quick questions....

1) Did you buy the OEM shadow line "hockey stick" side trim, or have your chrome ones vinyl wrapped?

2) Why didn't you wrap the front chrome trim piece as well? Too difficult for the installer?

3) Did you also vinyl wrap the silver trim around the windows? Did the installer have any unique challenges?

4) How much to get all of the vinyl wrapping done (if that is what you did)?

5) How much to get the exhaust tips powder coated? Or did you paint them yourself?

Looks good and unique!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Love it, Don Juan ! Just what I'm wanting to do with mine.

Clearly, you're not taking pics in south florida!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Juan View Post
my mods on 2020 x7 40i
So you bought the Luxury Line and essentially created your own shadow line package? I have been wondering how that would look. A few quick questions....

1) Did you buy the OEM shadow line "hockey stick" side trim, or have your chrome ones vinyl wrapped?

2) Why didn't you wrap the front chrome trim piece as well? Too difficult for the installer?

3) Did you also vinyl wrap the silver trim around the windows? Did the installer have any unique challenges?

4) How much to get all of the vinyl wrapping done (if that is what you did)?

5) How much to get the exhaust tips powder coated? Or did you paint them yourself?

Looks good and unique!
I actually wrapped everything with 3m 2080 wrap with the exception of the grill which is oem m grill. I quoted the roof and the installer wanted $700 to do it (yikes) . so i have a friend that dis some wrapping before and asked him if he can do it so we both did it while we were
Learning. He also taught me how to do the smaller pieces and did them at my own patience.
The front chrome looks very hard and needs a 1x5 roll that i have not order yet but will di when j get more time in my hands.
The exhaust i did also myself following what others did in this forum. I bought a kit called shadow for chrome. It held up very good after 2k miles of high speed.
So material i must of spend about $200
Hope this helps
2020 X7 MSport 40i
2020 I3s Bev
Appreciate 1
jmciver1832.00