01-16-2020, 10:56 AM   #4
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Newbie View Post
I don't partake in any obd plug in or app on my phone for discounts. If they are going to give me discounts it's because I don't get into accidents or get tickets. Not because they see I drive faster than I should and in their eyes that's dangerous.
From the insurance companie's pov, offering you any particular rate (I tend to ignore what they call "discount"; the only thing that matters to me is the bottom line - final cost) is like buying a stock based on past performance. It's not difficult to understand that everybody wants indicators of future performance.

Saying I don't partake of this non-sense is a simplistic position, to say the least. As you can imagine, if they are giving "discounts" to those who participate, that lost money has to come from somewhere else. They simply increase the base rate to everybody. In other words, we will eventually be forced to participate, or we will be subsidizing those who do.

Anyone here who have been participating in this? Did you get a significant "discount" at renewal, which made it worth your while?
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3572.50