01-24-2020, 05:43 AM   #58
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Further it seems like 15% still applies to manuals, but the two pedal set is seeing something in the 8-10% range these days.
That is crazy how efficient they have become. I don't see pennsiveguy response except in your quote....but all my dynos were on chassis dynos to answer his question.

My stock C6 put down ~ 375 if I recall correctly. So pretty close to the advertised 430 Crank HP.

And as mentioned, my previous stock C6Z was almost 440 at the wheels....so again close to the advertised crank hp.

In retrospect, that car had plenty of hp stock but I did H/C/I like everyone else. Really a lot of unusable power and just bragging rights. My wife would not ride in this car with me at all after that work.

That's why with my current one, I stopped where I did. For a car that is as light as it is, it's plenty as a weekend fun car and enough to get me into trouble or even worse...."bite me" if I'm not paying attention. Plus my wife will go along for the ride now.

I plan at some point to move to a C7, but I probably won't do any modifications to it. I guess I have mellowed out as I have aged!

Don't get me wrong as I love seeing the crazy HP numbers again. And I love the fact that they are making them more capable of putting it all down to the road.