08-16-2014, 10:14 AM   #124
128Convertibleguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 128 Covertible

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
As for criminal negligence, it does not require intent, you are right. However, I cannot see exactly what could qualify here.

I see somebody else than Stewart more at risk from criminal negligence charges, and that's the organizers of the event, as it appears they had no rules against walking on the racetrack during the race. WTF?? Such aggressive, stupid and dangerous behavior should result in an immediate revocation of one's racing license and at least a season long ban from any racing event
Nailing the gas, spinning the tires, and having the rear step out as a result, as he approaches Ward at slow speed under the yellow flag would be the negligence. As I said before, the delay the prosecutor wants before coming to a decision is no doubt due to forensic scientists carefully examining the available videos for evidence of that.

There's no doubt the track will be sued also. There's no doubt there ought to be a rule against leaving your car. But there's equally no doubt that, before Ward, behavior you find beyond the pale occurred many times every Saturday night at short tracks around the country. It will be good for it to stop, but it was not unusual at all. Which Stewart knew. He could hardly have been flabbergasted Ward was where he was, after Stewart had basically put him into the wall.
Appreciate 0