03-28-2024, 01:17 PM   #5
dmytro_usa
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam330i View Post
Hellooo

In all honesty, you are diving into expensive, yet DANGEROUS territory with trying to retrofit the B&W Diamond Surround Sound System - given how complex the system is, I wouldn't risk my warranty being voided if that thing fails for some reason.

That said, an alternative solution I could suggest to you would be coding the B&W sound settings via bimmercode. I drive a 2021 BMW 330i that has iDrive 7 and Harman Kardon (his name is Hrag!) and I have the B&W sound settings coded/enabled! With these new settings, I can change the music profiles (e.g., Movie Theatre mode, concert mode, etc.) and I think it enhances the sound on the H/K system!

If you know anyone who is a sound/audio engineer, they can go into the equalizer and get crazy! Although if you are like me and you don't, then I would suggest that you still mess with the equalizer and see if that helps? I don't know anything about frequencies or what an equalizer even is, I just kept moving things around until it sounded good.

Lastly, I've been fooling around with some music software and I've added both a reverb and a 3D effect to some of my favorite songs and I think that, along with the B&W settings on the H/K system, really enhances the experience! I've got quite a few compliments on my vehicle's sound system and so I hope this helps!

Keep us posted and let us know if you decide to go through with it or maybe another alternative!

Down below is a link to "Bavsound", which is a company that offers sound system - upgrades that are specifically compatible to BMW's and I've heard good things about them! There is also a user who did a Bavsound upgrade on his/her/their X5 and they posted a DIY - link will also be down below!

Bavsound: https://www.bavsound.com/

User DIY (Bavsound): https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1846757

Best,
Cameron!
Thank you for good info but I'm still thinking of going with hard way as long as I can find good deal on B&W set. I'll do detail video if I ever come up installing this system. I used to have B&O in my Audi A8 and it was amazing.
Appreciate 0