View Single Post
      02-15-2018, 10:39 PM   #15
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, MK8 R, RS6 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1lee View Post
I feel you... I went through the exact same thing after spending hours dreaming of what my car would look like... The product information pamphlet for the LCI model from BMW is not very clear on this option, only showing pictures of the new style and no picture of the old style for comparison. In the document it says "New Adaptive LED Headlights
To further differentiate the M2 from the 2 series lineup, it is highly recommended to equip the
optional 552 Adaptive LED Headlights for enhanced aggressive styling"

Missed the part where it says "enhanced aggressive styling"
Unfortunately this confused me too
Glad I’m not the only one who was confused! They really need to make it more clear to buyers as everything I was shown indicated the hexagon style was standard! I did a YouTube video of my delivery and of course the first question was “why didn’t you get the new headlights” lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-unit View Post
When I was going through the purchasing process in Nov/Dec I spoke to at least 5 different dealers in the GTA and not a single sales associate I spoke to knew you needed the $1000 adaptive option in order to get the new hex lights. Thank goodness for this forum, I think I'm probably the one that has educated all these dealers.
Omg that’s crazy! Sometimes I’m surprised at how little some of these salespeople know (and I used to sell cars myself). These are worth a pretty penny, at least know the features and options. I did a bit of research back in Nov but really couldn’t find a clear answer. I really should have made my account sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alscks0414 View Post
I ordered mine and got it without LED adaptive. Dealer missed to put the option as he understood it as standard as it was in all Canadian model before LCI. I missed it and knew it before mine delivered and refused to take it.

I wanted to see if I can retrofit LED to the one without, but cost was way over 4k including installation according to my dealer and they also mentioned that the "adaptive" feature will not work fully as it would from the factory after dealer retrofit.. So my decision was to wait another 4 months and ordered the one with the LED.

It is possible but not worth. They dont work well and expensive. If you want it as I did... fight with your SA and say that it does not look like the LCI shape with LED. Order a new car under their allocation (if they have one)
Yeah my husband suggested a retrofit but I don’t think it’s worth the hassle. For that price there are other mods I’d like to do to the car. My salesman did get me the mpss tires (was delivered with contis) as well as a day of bmw m driving school in California so I can’t complain too much. It’s not a complete make or break for me as I sold my other fun car and don’t have the patience to wait for a new delivery haha.
Appreciate 0