10-10-2019, 07:51 PM   #11
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
It's a beautiful combo and new gray M wheels look perfect with the Phytonic Blue. I see you opted for the high-end sound system. Post your thoughts on the sound. Again, congrats.
Thanks Joe ...we have always ordered the basic system in all of our previous cars and almost did on the X7 too. It was something I decided to add right before negotiating prices. The standard systems are usually good enough for us or in some cases easily upgradable with better components then the factory offering. In this case it was a "what the hell ..why not?" moment that had me add it to the options list. I'm no audiophile but can say I've never been in a car that had this kind of sound clarity. My music tastes involve a little of everything including Disney for the little guy. The system in combination with the acoustic glass makes it sound like you're rolling in a miniature theater. Money well spent as far as im concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissguy View Post
Beautiful!! We too have the phytonic blue but we have an X7 40i with 22 inch wheels and Pirelli P zeros. I noticed there is no winter tire option for the rear wheels. I also noticed you live in snow country. What are your plans for winter tires? I was hoping not to have to purchase 21 rims and snow tires. We live in the mountainous ares of South West Virginia and get a fair amount of snow and ice in the winter.

Thanks
I have another car to drive in the winter and my wife has snow wheels\tires for her car. This is our last winter in the Midwest so I don't want to spend the money on winter wheels. I'll drive the X7 minimally until the spring time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverMisanthrope View Post
Any chance you'd be willing to post a photo of the interior (especially the ash grain bronze matte trim)? I *think* that's the trim I want, but the trim images in the configurator seem extremely inaccurate.
Definitely ..I'll snap some better pics this Saturday when I pick it up from XPel/tint. As soon as we saw it we knew it was the trim we wanted. The "bronze" in the description scared but you really don't see anything but matte black in person. IMO it could go well with someone looking for a more luxury look or someone like myself looking for more sport.
Appreciate 0