View Single Post
      10-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #18
Jefflikescars
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i, Navigator, Mod Y Perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverMisanthrope View Post
Nah, my current lease isn't up until February, so I'm waiting (impatiently) until December to order. I'm just REALLY eager for it, so I've been nailing down the specifics of what I want. The question of the interior trim choice (specifically which one goes best with the ivory/night blue leather) and the captain's chairs vs bench in the second row are really my only outstanding decisions left.

Looking at the trims at dealerships is a good idea, though. Especially if the interior trims that are available on the X7 are also available on other models. The representations shown in the configurator seem really inaccurate, which is why I was interested in seeing photos of BYEIL's interior.
I really struggled with the bench vs captains chairs decision. Seems a no brainer to do the bench because
- another seat
- they fold flat for loading (looks like captains chairs just move forward)
- the controls to fold it down are a nice metallic button on the bench, on the captains chairs it's a big black plastic lever
- the cupholder on the floor with the captains chairs is way too big and looks cheap
- the space between the captains chairs is very thin and not easy to get through

That all said, I went with captains chairs. Because Tartufo.

Appreciate 3