View Single Post
      03-07-2018, 09:26 PM   #40
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
I have been Crossfitting since 2009. If you are athletic and competitive you will enjoy it. Like the last poster stated look at the Boxes (Crossfit gyms) around you. Some are better then others...ie coaching, programming and ppl. Also check CrossFit’s main site to learn a bit about what you are getting into.

My biggest piece of advice is check your ego at the door and
go slow! Learn the foundational movements and don’t be in a hurry to try and do things beyond your abilities. Progression is key!

Second would be MOBILITY!!!! Learn to love it and live it everyday!!!!

It is very easy to get sucked in and chase numbers and form bad habits. Have goals but obtain them the right way. If you are not careful injuries WILL happen.

I’ve been at it a long time and enjoy it still. Whether at my box or in my garage gym, it’s the best type of training I have ever done. And I am an ex-college athlete! Good luck brother!
Best salesman of all time!

Greg Glassman founder of crossfit....... Lol

I mean early last year Crossfit discovered what the ancient Greeks knew thousands of years ago.... Alters(AKA Dumbbells) are great unilateral training tools!

Congrats on doing C.F. since 09', 90% of the people that have stepped foot in a C.F. gym sustain injury.

Just wish C.F. would teach that posture and alignment are key, and considering the excessive squating leads to a stupid anterior pelvic tilt.... say bye bye hip health and L1-L5!
Appreciate 0