Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PABrian View Post
Alpina has never been big on significant aesthetic changes. They always start with a non-M Sport body and add subtle changes throughout. The end result has always been understated, but that's the intent. It's the way the whole package comes together, between the power delivery (not just peak numbers), sound character (not just loud), suspension/transmission/AWD tuning, and all the other little bits and pieces, that makes a difference.

I've driven and been driven in a few, and they're definitely something special. A car like this is never, ever the practical choice for the money, because that isn't the intention.
Familiar with Alpina's approach and aesthetics, and the exception to starting with the non-M Sport body was the F25 Alpina XD3 Bi-Turbo's which used the M Sport line.

As @Jstein55 mentioned and which I agree with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
For the interiors though they typically spruce it up with some gorgeous wood trims, better materials, as well as seat patterns, such as the B3 which they improved greatly. Maybe the XB7 has this, but the model they decided to use in the press photos doesn't look to have many upgrades in that department.
Compared to the Alpina B7, this is a bit mediocre.

Attachment 2315266

Attachment 2315267

Attachment 2315268
Give me a B5 or B7 over this.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
Auricom4360.00