05-21-2020, 04:09 AM   #189
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
The 2020 Pricing/Ordering Guide came out on May 28, 2019. Will the 2021s be out by the end of May anyone think? Would make sense.
That would be great. Unfortunately, I think COVID is messing everything up, top to bottom. I wouldn't be surprised if BMW is reevaluating all plans for 2021's, to include option packages, and pricing structure. And I think that the plant shutdown is going to turn logistic supplies upside down for a while. So... who knows.

There's two sides to all economics. So, dealers and anyone else that are saying "the plant was shut down... supply has been lower", isn't looking at whether public demand for the X7 has remained the same, or is also lower, with the depressed economy.

No argument that the plant shutdown has lowered supply. I think it remains to be seen what's happening with demand, but BMW is reporting HUGE drops in sales. So indications are that demand has dropped more than supply. I looked at 40+ dealer websites over the last few days, and it's very common to see 25+ X7's just sitting on larger dealers' lots.
Appreciate 0