03-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #12
mpower3330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Gblansten,
Nice! If leasing your M5 make sure to lock in this months rate. You can always change to next months if it's better (unlikely) but you can't go back. Dealer won't always mention this.

Thanks for the comments guys and yes she was on the lot. I would have ordered frozen black otherwise but I got tempted and am happy with my decision.

KennyPowers,
You are exactly right. Leasing an M3/4 doesn't make as much sense as buying. However, if you plan to buy after you lease than leasing isn't a bad option if you like the 0 down lower monthly payments for 3 years. The reason I say this is that the residual is going to be much better than what BMW is saying on the lease so your buyout will be below market value. This happens with all the M3s when they first hit the market and high leases on all new model BMWs. I remember when I leased my '08 M3 December 2008 for $880/mo. Everyone prior to December was paying $1050 minimum.

I just had my first highway run with the M5 after break in. WOW. The car hauls ass! Up to 140 in no time and silky smooth. I love how the car is designed for that kind of power and adding an extra 100+hp will keep it the same. Only a 20% increase or so.

The problem with that FI E92 M3s I've driven, every brand included, is that you really could tell the car wasn't designed for that kind of power. Of course going from 414 hp to 700hp+ is a 70% increase so this makes total sense.

For track junkies the M4/3 is the way to go...much lighter etc. I plan to track the M5 maybe 5-10 times this year and am confident it will do relatively well.
Have had my F10 M5 for 2 weeks now and love it. Just feels like a much more solid car and the torque is actually insane.
Appreciate 0