12-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #17
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
It doesn't work that way. BMW determines how much power can be added by setting their code trigger points. So the JBD has to work within those trigger points. Which is generally between 80-100% on the dial. The default setting is 65% and if you have a code at that setting you have some other problem. Either a loose cable/connection or completely unrelated to the JBD.

Mike
+1 ... exactly.

I recently installed the JBD in a friend of mine's car....

It set at 95%. After install, took the car out. Pushed it hard. Triggered a code. Turned ignition on and off. Pushed it hard, triggered a code again. Turned ignition on and off. Push is hard, NO MORE codes. Car has been driving at WOT, to redline and overall aggressively, and has not triggered a code in 650 miles... Possible that the car adapted and all is good now.

But, consensus seems to say, 80% is the safest/highest setting for not triggering codes. Plenty of people run at 100% with no codes, whereas some people cant run it above 65%.... that being said....

There is a little dial inside. It SEEMS OBVIOUS to me what position = which % setting, but my guess it some people still think they're setting it to one setting, but really are mistaken.

With the JBD in, gone is the laggy throttle response, and gone is the ability not to induce traction control at 2.5k rpms in sub-60 degree weather.
Appreciate 0