General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisX7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F90POWER View Post
I would not try and reset the light and make it go away. You should take the Racechip out and take it to BMW as there may be something else going on such as a bad sensor. I had a similar issue in my F90 M5 and they had to replace a boost sensor and something else and then everything was back to normal and check engine light eventually went away. My Racechip GTS has been working great so far on my X7 and I keep it set to Map 7 all the time. Definitely can tell a difference but it is not as night and day as it was on the M5. It is only adding around 50HP given the M50i X7s are already tuned pretty aggressive and being such a heavy vehicle 50HP is not a huge difference. Definitely faster in the midrange acceleration and a good bang for the buck upgrade that I am glad that I did.

OtisX7, I know you have also said that it is taking you a long time to install or uninstall. I have found if you remove the black sections of the air intake it gives you some more room to get your hands down to the connections. See the two pics circled in red. I can now take it in and out in about 5-10 minutes or less.
Thanks for the tip on the air intake. Probably I should have done that.

Honestly despite the awesome help from Ben here — I agree I wish I could just drop my vehicle with him and have him take care of it, he’s so helpful — I’m going to try and return this and seek a refund. It’s just been too much headache with the 3 or 4 installs and removals and still not having it work properly, and all these check engine lights just increase my concern this is going to do something bad to my still relatively new $100k vehicle (which is already really fast and, to the point above, the tune isn’t going to make an enormous difference on this heavy vehicle). Just don’t have any confidence that the guys in Germany I’ve been dealing with are really doing a very good job with this product (I would have a high degree of confidence in Ben however!)

On the bright side, I’ve uninstalled it once again and all the check engine lights have gone away. So at least it hasn’t caused any damage!

Thanks again all.
Man, sorry to hear all the trouble that you are having.
I wish I could help you from the very beginning.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0