View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 10:30 PM   #79
G80POWER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisX7 View Post
Thanks for the tip on the air intake. Probably I should have done that.

Honestly despite the awesome help from Ben here — I agree I wish I could just drop my vehicle with him and have him take care of it, he’s so helpful — I’m going to try and return this and seek a refund. It’s just been too much headache with the 3 or 4 installs and removals and still not having it work properly, and all these check engine lights just increase my concern this is going to do something bad to my still relatively new $100k vehicle (which is already really fast and, to the point above, the tune isn’t going to make an enormous difference on this heavy vehicle). Just don’t have any confidence that the guys in Germany I’ve been dealing with are really doing a very good job with this product (I would have a high degree of confidence in Ben however!)

On the bright side, I’ve uninstalled it once again and all the check engine lights have gone away. So at least it hasn’t caused any damage!

Thanks again all.
I would not be surprised if the check engine lights you keep having are not necessarily related to the RaceChip and just taking it out or retuning may not fix that problem. I had a bad boost sensor and some other sensor on my M5 and had the RaceChip out for over two months and my check engine light kept coming on and off intermittently and it ended up not being related to RaceChip.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00