02-26-2020, 03:03 AM   #80
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90POWER View Post
I would not be surprised if the check engine lights you keep having are not necessarily related to the RaceChip and just taking it out or retuning may not fix that problem. I had a bad boost sensor and some other sensor on my M5 and had the RaceChip out for over two months and my check engine light kept coming on and off intermittently and it ended up not being related to RaceChip.
Never had an issue with the check engine light before the RC. Since uninstalling it this weekend, also no issues. Pretty sure that’s what’s causing it.

The company in Germany is initially rejecting my request for a refund, stating that I’m past the 30 day warranty period. Of course they aren’t accounting for the fact that they initially shipped me a defective unit from Germany that I had to install, troubleshoot, discuss with them, exchange for a working unit, and then reinstall this past weekend, only to find the new issue and contact them within a day of doing so. I’ll be pretty ticked if they refuse it after this ordeal.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12967.50