View Single Post
      01-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #4
BmwGk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
I had never heard of Bavsound before I joined this forum. But I have heard focal before and thought it was pretty good. But, for me, it is all about comparability and increasing the sound quality utilizing only drop in replacements. (Meaning no additional external amplifier for the highs and mids).

I have also read on the F15 threads that some people like the BavSound and some say it didn't make much difference... Has anyone else heard either of these systems?
I'm researching Bavsound at the moment. I have the base HIFI system though. Their amps are already tuned for our vehicle and seem to be an easy replacement. I'm told (by Bavsound) that just their amp will have a dramatic effect on the system and I'm leaning toward starting with that. I think they have a 100 day try out period. Not sure how that works, but if it's an honest policy with no hangups......not much to lose.
I suspect the results would be different coming from the HK system, bc the amp is probably already outputting more power, so I'd contact them with questions.
Appreciate 0