View Single Post
      04-06-2017, 01:25 PM   #9
Arexander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i; BMW 435i; Ducati

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
OP does high speed hwy stunts and OEM pads will quickly over heat. What would SS line do for that?
lol did the OP say that he was doing high speed highway stunts?

I believe that was user "David in Germany" that stated he drives upwards of 170mph. lol

Nonetheless, what I've researched on the SS brake lines:

Rubber overmolding does little to reduce expansion under pressure, as rubber is also a relatively flexible material. A woven braid of Stainless Steel, however, can greatly increase the rigidity of the hose under pressure while still allowing adequate flexibility for wheel end movement. In many cases, this reduced expansion can be felt by the driver as a firmer or more responsive brake pedal.

In addition, the reduced compliance will result in a faster transient response of the brake system. In other words, the time from the driver hitting the brake pedal until deceleration is generated will be decreased by a small amount. The benefit will vary based on each individual application, but in general overall deceleration can be attained more quickly, resulting in slightly shorter stopping distances.

Unless you have bigger wheels, then upgrade to a big brake kit.

Now, I realized the OP hasn't mentioned much about his car. Only his profile states that he has over 500+ whp.
Appreciate 0