Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez_zza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post

Under the new consumption tests the F10 would be:

Urban: 16.8l/100km
Extra Urban: 9.2l/100km
Combined: 11.9l/100km
Glad to hear that consumption improved over the F10 but how did you get the above figures ? I was also not aware about these new consumption test, since when these tests are in place ? I looked briefly on-line and could not see any infos.
Would you know if these new tests were applied for the F8X ? I can't get near the consumption advertised by BMW for my F80 and I'd like to know if the consumption advertised for the F90 will be more accurate. I'm not really pointing the finger at BMW as all manufacturers advertise fairly low consumption level but it would be good to have realistic figure this time around.

A little bit off topic, but would you know why BMW are not adopting the cylinder deactivation technologies to reduce consumption level ? Thanks !
WLTP (Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicle Test Procedure) adds 20% straight away to vehicles Type Certified under NEDC (New European Driving Cycle).

The F8x is actually a significant topic of discussion at the moment as the CFRP driveshaft is being gradually replaced by a steel unit starting with November Production. EU6c/d (issued July 2017) goes into effect next week. It has some significant changes and for the next 12 Months is under a Transition Agreement. One item stipulated is that effective Sept 2018, all new vehicles (any car delivered as new) within the EU or by an EU Manufacturer must be WLTP Certified. So if an F8x (excluding M4 CS - End of Cycle Limited Volume Exemption) is manufactured after Friday and is not sold before Sept 2018, a Gasoline Particulate Filter must be installed before it can be delivered.

BMW does not use cylinder deactivation because Valvetronic accomplishes the same basic principle via a simpler solution during 80% of driving; Cylinder Deactivation is less than 30%, during that smaller percentage, cylinder deactivation is even less effective on Exhaust Gas Turbocharged engines, and for the F90 in particular, the Cross-Bank Exhaust Manifolds on the S63 make it impossible.

Last edited by lemetier; 08-25-2017 at 04:27 AM..
Appreciate 0