View Single Post
      07-16-2015, 10:53 PM   #11
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
I doubt it, as US-spec cars are already in production (including mine). Changes may be made in the future, of course, but who knows if/when/what.

I'm having some regrets now about having ordered the track package, though I did want the brakes, non-RF performance tires, and DHP.

Like you, I'm a little puzzled about some of these comments, given what VSS really is. Since they didn't test any models without it (as far as I can tell), they may be ascribing blame to VSS which is really inherent to the electric assist for all racks, VSS or not.
If I order with VSS and I get sticky, snatchy, or frozen like steering, then it'll sit at the dealer until BMW fixes it.
I passed over a lot of other great cars and brands to give BMW another try on the LCI 340i. I hope BMW doesn't make me a sucker by buying into their "revised" LCI marketing.

I didn't go with the 340i because of the new engine because the N55 in my 335i is fantastic as is. I am excited about the updates and changes to the suspension, steering, and auto trans.
I'm holding on to hope.
Appreciate 0