07-26-2020, 05:33 PM   #32
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkim View Post
Thanks for the great info. Just to confirm, even without DHP, are you able to adjust the suspension setting? I test drove 2020 M50i without DHP and with a press of button, the suspension of the car seemed a bit stiffer - is this controlled through air suspension?
Yep with DHP, you'll still get the benefit of electronic damping control through DEC on X7s with standard air suspension. What you're not getting are the electronic active roll stabilization bars, IAS and Active Comfort Drive with Road Preview.

Pressing any of the Driving Experience Control (Comfort, Sport, Adaptive) switches adjust the Electronic Damper Controls (EDC) and 2-axle air suspension level.

Selecting DEC Sport will lower the air suspension to Sport level (-40mm) and adjust EDC to sportier damping characteristics.

DEC Comfort will adjust the air suspension to Normal level and EDC to comfort damping characteristics.

DEC Adaptive will adjust the air suspension to Normal level and EDC adaptive based on your driving style and route - will switch between Comfort or Sport EDC begins the scenes.

With DEC Comfort or Adaptive, you can adjust the 2-level air suspension to Sport level.

Appreciate 0