View Single Post
      06-13-2015, 06:27 AM   #8
challer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
I would gladly pay the same price for an M2GC as the F80 M3 if they both came with the same S55 if that it what is takes for BMW to actually give us something smaller than an E23 7-series sized "M3".

As Levi just stated, at this point in the massive size bloating of the latest generation BMWs, the demand for a reasonably sized sedan is there. Just look at the sales of the new Audi A3/S3 in its first year, and the A4 sales do not appear to have been affected as they were up yoy also.

Oh well, the USA market is "financialized" by BMWNA into marketing segments as opposed to customers who rarely buy cars anymore but instead lease them for 2 years. You, USA customer, require a large car, sunroof, automatic transmission, boring-bland colors, and 50+ M badges splattered all around your car. You don't care if the car weighs 3100lb or 3800lb. This is the BMWNA of 2015.
I'm in the same boat. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I'm a bit put off at the M2 not having a proper M engine. It's a M235i engine with a tune, a stock LSD, quad exhaust and some styling. Which is precisely why I can't justify upgrading from a M235i.
Appreciate 0