Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanzs View Post
Hi all,

I have never attended a trackday event ever so pls pardon the newbie questions. I'm seriously thinking of taking my bone stock MC for a trackday session and would like to know if there are some minimum mods that I have to make to ensure a reliable run over a 2 day period. I have heard that upgrades to the braking system (steel hoses, possibly big brake kit) must be made cos the stock system overheats in 2-3 laps. I'm still running the stock contis and I'm not sure if those would be suitable for track work.

Do I need to do a full fluid change (engine oil, brake, transmission, diff) before and/or after the event?

I'm also worried that the car will develop a whole lot of squeaks and rattles after 2 days of intensive driving...

Any input much appreciated! Thanks!
The car will not develop any squeaks or rattles, assuming you keep it on the pavement. Most HPDE organizers publish a list of car preparation requirements and suggestions. Some even require that a licensed Tech inspects and signs off on the track readiness/safety of the car. Depending on your current service intervals you may need to consider Oil and Brake Fluid service, pad thickness etc. Check with the organizers and Google.
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0