View Single Post
      02-28-2020, 11:30 PM   #37
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Maybe it's a generational thing. I often sit in the car waiting for my wife or something else. What I had to do with all my other cars is turn the engine off and then either turn the key to "ACC" or push the start button again twice so I could listen to the radio or other music while waiting without burning/wasting gas.

So, for me, it's a double edged sword. Most of the time I just stop the engine and get out which is what I would expect from all my other vehicles and what I'm "accustomed" too. But, for the other 30 to 40% of the time when I"m sitting in the car waiting, it's a nice feature. Plus, I'm not wasting any gas with the engine running.

I think it's just what's known as a "Paradigm" shift. We humans are creatures of habit and when the habit changes we can get confused and frustrated. Even if the change offers benefits we didn't have before. "Old Habits Die Hard"!

What I was talking about is that the car does two different things whenever it feels like it.

When I shut off the car by pushing the off/start button. The engine shuts off, the gauges drop and the radio keeps playing until I open the door. Then everything goes off and I know the car is off.

But sometimes, I shut off the car by pushing the off/start button. The engine shuts off, but the gauges stay the same and the radio keeps playing even after I open the door to get out. This is when I will restart and reshut off the car.
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Harman Kardon, Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 0