05-06-2020, 02:38 PM   #1
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Some teething problems

So .....

4 days in and overall I'm actually very happy with my X7. That said I have a couple of teething troubles.

Sunroof fabric roller

When I took delivery and did the handover, when the genius demo'd the sunroof the roller blind stuck for a fraction of a second, made a large click and the fabric jumped to where it should have been and then it was fine. He was a little concerned but we couldnt get it to repeat the problem, checked the runners and ther was little more we could do. It worked fine until the next morning it did the same for me and seems to do it each time its parked closed and locked for a decent amount of time. Ive managed to take a couple of videos. I took it to the dealer showed them and they will take it in and deal when convenient for me. I would value any input from anyone who has experienced the same.

Gear changes lumpy at low speed

Im finding that gear changes are a bit lumpy at low speed and easy accelaration. This is only happening 1-2 and 2-3 .... higher gears and more progressive driving its not really noticable. Same happens if you coast and decelarate you can feel a lumpy change down.

Took it for a drive with a technician who agreed it was lumpy. He feels that it may go away as the gearbox 'learns' so I have agreed to give it 1000km and see what it is like. It will go in if its still the same. Any thoughts ?

Lastly

Lastly this is probably my OCD for stitching ...... there is a huge amount of stitching in the X7 on the leather and its mostly great, however on the corner of the dash leather on the speedo shade the stitching deviates slightly and goes a little out of line. Because it right in my eyeline each time i drive it I find myself looking at it wondering is it OCD or should I do something. I have a couple of poor qulaity pics that I have shown friends, some have spotted it immediatly and others cant see it and dont see its an issue even when pointed out. The thought of replacing a dash in an already built car fills me with horror especially for something many would laugh at .... ill take a couple of decent pics and post for thoughts. Am I the only one that examines stitching in detail ?