08-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #22
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
That's usually already a good passing zone, too...because of how long the back straight is and the hard braking at the bus stop. And there is also the 'safety' concern about using DRS through a 300 kph corner, once again .

Spa is one of the few courses that doesn't really need DRS, lol. I already think it will be a crazy race with the pirellis and KERS. But if they have to stick DRS in, I would have done it on the pit straight
agree almost 100%, should've been the pit straight, spa does not need help for towing behind the other guy...

guys, let's not get carried away, that was an attempt at making news on a slow day... the eau rouge complex is NOT a straight, so DRS was NEVER going to be implemented there (for the race). all they are doing is making sure nobody tries it in qualy/practice and risks themselves for a tenth. it's already super fast and flat out... deploying it there would change the top speed A BIT, and destabilise the car... is it really worth it? I mean, they used to be technically faster with the V10s and now we have V8s... so what's the issue?
the race show remains the same, and no amount of reductio ad absurdum can change that.
Appreciate 0