View Single Post
      03-13-2016, 08:40 PM   #8
Cali01
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 Lexus LX570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosspbig View Post
I looked into S63s briefly before I got my M5. Sweet car, but definitely more of a cruiser. The other thing is how much those cars depreciate. Those expensive mercs tend to take a big hit after the first couple of years.
Exactly what I need tbh. I commute 150 round trip five days a week so comfort plays a bug role. What was your overall impression of the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko1414 View Post
We have a 2015 S550 that my wife drives and we love it for the kids and long trips.
How has yours been holding up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
A perfect car for majority of people at age 45+ who need excitement and luxurious ... not 20s
I believe AMG GTS is a better choice for your age... IMO
I know its the same thing my father said, but I reverse commute from the Bay to Valley everyday, 150 mile round trip and a GTS I feel wouldnt be the best commuter. Maybe in a year or two Id consider it as a weekend car. I tried commuting in my fathers GT3 for about a week definitely not about that life, I like to set the cruise control at 80 and just get to work in comfort with minimal effort and the same getting home. It's nice for change to take different car to the office every now and then but every day I feel like it would lose its charm and kind of be cumbersome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Two of my buds in Houston have that car. They really are nice
Do you know of any issues they have had so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
That's a smoking deal which helps on the depreciation.
Basically took the first year hit. He really wants to move the car out of inventory he called me this morning asked if I had an offer. I'm still deciding whether to buy the car personally or lease it through my business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
One of my company car is S550, they are very nice cars. And S63 is plenty fast in straight-line (AZ tested it 0-100km 3.9, 0-160km 8.1, 0-200km 12.6), M5 would have to go WOT to beat it.
Wouldnt expect a S550 to be that fast but wow
Appreciate 0