View Single Post
      04-27-2021, 07:00 PM   #69
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
So here is a weird one with this app.... I downloaded this app a few weeks ago and everything seemed to be working fine. This weekend, before a small road trip, I loaded the destination in the app and sent it to the X7. All looked good from the app, but when I got to the X7 it was not there. On the appropriate screen the X7 said I needed to log in to my ConnectedDrive account, even though I never logged out. Except, on the screen where I could log in, it was greyed out....

So I am thinking I may need to delete/re-install my profile, which of course is ridiculous. So I just leave it alone for now. Then today, two interesting things happened. The destination I sent to my X7 magically appeared all of a sudden (and I was now logged into the X7) and the ConnectDrive icon changed from the old one to the new "My BMW" icon. Everything still appears to be working fine with the app now, but this is seriously buggy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Yeah, I wonder if that might be a consequence of this overlap we're currently in, with both apps being functional. I've seen an error message or two like that, but everything's still worked.
I saw this same issue on the old app at least two times. Rebooting iDrive corrected it for me each time.

I've also seen it on the new app as well. Hard to say if the bug is related to the new app deployment or possibly the iDrive version. I'm on 11/2020.50 currently.
Appreciate 0