View Single Post
      04-22-2019, 09:52 PM   #19
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I prefer the 488 over the RS on pure driving pleasure on something as simple as a trip to Star Buck to get a cup of coffee or to a local market to get a pack of beers.
Oh so you've driven both? Unless you're purely talking about how you want to be seen (i.e. you get more pleasure being seen in a 488 than an RS), otherwise I think you'd be very surprised with how much you may prefer the drive of the RS. But yes, I think many people just feel more "special" in a Ferrari and there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post

Also if someone is able to afford a 488 will probably be able to cover the cost of track expenses.
Ehhh not that simple. You know how the rich stay rich? By making sensible choices. The cost in basic consumables (tires, fuel, etc.) might be the same but the 488 simply won't take the same long-term track abuse as well as the RS. You'll start to see more major maintenance items in much less mileage with the 488.

Even those that are able to afford the 488 don't want to throw $XXk out the window. Most people got to that status by carefully not throwing money away in life (many, not all). Not arguing you can't track these cars, but a hardcore track rat probably isn't looking at the 488 GTB. The guy who wants to do 1-2 casual HPDEs a year, sure.