View Single Post
      12-14-2019, 02:29 PM   #6369
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
I was a evil to my father, I stole his car 420 Sel Merc consistently @ 13,14, took chances on the road Every night with friends and girls going on joy rides/doing crazy shit, beaches and far out after party's

Dad never got mad at me just disappointed, told me if I get caught I will be arrested, he will leave me in for days without regret, I still did it, I just loved driving and hooking up with plastic girls every week, bad choices but it was fun

I wanted my son to be different:
I got him a (legal permit) in Kansas at the age of 14, since September we took work trips to KC 5 times, he has almost 30 hours behind the wheel in KANSAS, maybe 20 in big parking lots (after hours) here in Massachusetts and less than 10'ish hours on back roads in Maine it's all about experience and time behind the wheel IMO

Apple falls far from the tree, my josh is a gentleman, he loves Bmw he loves the history and respects cars, already knows how drive manual, helps that he's 5.9" 175 lbs since 13

When he's 16 he will have over 250 behind the wheel, I will have 1% less chance of heart attack when he takes the M2 out

I do 50k miles a year, driving for over half my life and I CANT control most fast cars without the safety systems on (cream puff)

Edit: bmw teen drivers program is 16+ in both SC and Cali, I would take him in a heart beat if he was allowed, 21 more months to go
Will Team O’Neil Rally School in NH take him at this age? Would be a great way to learn car control.
Appreciate 1
NEfan5082658.50