Rep
Drives: 2015 328ix / 2020 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brukes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmf5 View Post
Looks like they've changed the fit guide - When I did it a couple weeks ago the recommended setup was Medium & XXL bars, which supposedly created a 54" span. Now it looks like it's 2 XL bars.

I really wanted the low profile bars as well. I didn't realize that when carrying skis on top (Yakima Evo6) that the bindings may interfere with the sunroof...which it definitely would. I went with the Thule Wingbars + Crossroad mounts and it's barely enough room to open the sunroof.
It was originally L and an XXL bar - XXL in front and L in the rear.

I saw that they changed it to 2xXL bars; I called today and they said either would fit and are approved setups.

Yeah - I've just accepted that if I want the low-profile look, I'm not opening the roof I'm not opening it while something's up top.
I was in Rack Attack today and one of the techs said I would not be able to open the sunroof period with the Yakima RailBar (even with box off). I don't have my X7 yet so I can't verify, but I find it hard to believe that the sun roof is going to come close to clearing the top of the X7's side rails and come in contact with the cross rails when it's open, but maybe I'm misinformed. Can someone verify?
It depends on how you set it up.

Mine barely brushes it as it opens without a box on top. The bars can flex quite a bit and it does not seem to do any damage to the sunroof. Can take a video tomorrow of it if helpful.
Appreciate 0