View Single Post
      06-10-2020, 03:49 PM   #41
Russamur
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X7 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-CK View Post
I got 22x12 for the rear on my m50i. Looks great. I'm planning to go up to 325 tires once original set is done with. Not sure about offset unfortunately, savini distributor handled that...
So I had Savini's installed and put the original summer run flats on them. Definitely a good choice - thanks all for the recommendations here. I should have done ceramic coating on them, but oh well - will pick a weekend this summer and do it then. Few days of driving, and they nice glossy finish is already gone

I have been doing more research into the winter set up. I don't know if you ever used this https://tiresize.com/calculator/ but I find it useful. I can see that many are going with 285/45/22 set up on OEM wheels, but from that calculator I see that 285/40/22 all around is much much closer to the original staggered set up. I see quite a few options in All Seasons in that size (not much in winter) - but given the mild winters here in Mid Atlantic, I am thinking 285/40/22 will be a better set up.

Anyone with better understanding of tires and sizes want to chime in? And yes, I know that All seasons are not winter, but I am just making a judgment based on real weather and real world conditions. I am sure if I lived in Toronto, it would be very much different.
Appreciate 0