04-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkmec View Post
Would love to hear how people are thinking about pros / cons
You might be laughing, but I'm actually planning on getting both next February when our leases expire.

I'm currently driving a 2017 Audi Q7 and my mother is driving a 2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label Hybrid - so we already have a foot in the door with Lincoln.

We are planning on leasing both vehicles again for 3 years and I'm planning on driving the Aviator for the second year of the lease and have her drive the X7 during that period. The reason for that is the fact that she drives 15K miles/year due to her business and I'm only driving less than 5K miles/year due to my short commute. By switching, we can balance out the mileage.

I'm convinced that the Aviator is going to be a home run for Lincoln.

The most interesting part for me about the Aviator is going to be its Plug-in Hybrid power train.

450 HP and 600 lb.-ft is nothing to sneeze at and the option to drive short distances without any gas at all (basically covering my entire short commute) is also very attractive - and all without compromising performance. Although we already own a hybrid, this will be something totally different.

There are a few other features I like on the Aviator - like available ventilated seats for the second row captain's chairs and the front comfort seats which are pretty unique. Of course, I would never make the claim that the Aviator would be the better vehicle compared to the X7 which it probably won't be but I will make the claim that the Aviator is going to be something special. With a sticker below $90K combined with Lincoln's competitive lease deals, it will be difficult - especially for non-European brands - to beat the whole package.

At least I'm not aware of any other 3-row plug-in hybrid for less than $90K that comes with all the bells and whistles - including 450HP and 600 lb.-ft. of torque.

I'm pretty picky about what I'm driving and the fact alone that I'm willing to switch my potential X7 with the Aviator for a year tells a lot. I'm not considering it to be a downgrade - I would simply consider it a different style.

Last edited by 760Lifan; 04-12-2019 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 0