View Single Post
      04-12-2019, 12:28 PM   #5
groove1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X740i

We were considering the Aviator also but decided to go for the X7 after we saw the Aviator in person at the Auto show. There are a couple of reasons why we went with X7 over the Aviator.

1. Size - My wife was driving a 2015 Escalade and wanted something comparable in size and believe it or not the X7 is very comparable. The Aviator is smaller and when you see it in person it looks really small when compared to an Escalade or X7. I know dimension wise not a big difference but when you see it in person you will know what I am talking about.

2. Price- You have to get the reserve trim on the Aviator or the car has cheap black plastic cladding on it that I personally hate. Once you get to that trim level you are within 5k of a well equipped X740i.
They don't show that version when they advertise the car but if you go to the configuration and build it you will see what I am talking about. If you plan on getting a black car it will not look so bad

3. German cars age better. I find that after a few years Lincoln's look dated. The previous model X5 still looks relevant & good to me while the previous model Navigator looks like it belongs in a museum.

4. Prestige and exclusivity- there will be a lot of Aviators around town being that the starting price is 20k cheaper.

5. The interior of the X7 looks more modern and sleek to me. The Aviator interior is nice also but I find the center informant screen is not integrated well with the dash and really don't like the push button gear selector.

One thing that made me thinking hard about the Aviator was the plug in version with 450Hp. I am sure it will be really fun to drive and also nice to have 30+ miles of electric only driving.
Appreciate 0