like2short
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmann33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by like2short View Post
I measured the aviator at the la auto show and looked at the specs. From what I recall of the cargo space behind row 3z. Aviator is bigger , the opening is wider and the distance between 3rd row and back of the vehicle is superior.

3rd row of aviator has slightly less legroom. 31" be 33"

Overall length is 199 vs 203 with aviator comparable in interior space vs x7 with a smaller exterior package.

Aviator is 400 hp 3.0L. Bmw is 335hp but I think the bmw engine is way under rated.

Price: aviators starting price is like 52k but that's for rwd and can get into 80k plus range. Based on the build I looked at, similarly equipped aviator was less than but not enough to go aviator over x7.
I agree. I thought about starting this thread about 2 weeks ago. I found that equipping the Aviator with all the high end safety features and other high end options to only be about $12-14k cheaper. At that point I said “screw it”. For $12k more I’ll take a Bmw over a ford product any day (I’m unjustly biased against Fords anyway) . I think the aviator might even look look better from the exterior, but there will be a ton of them around lightly equipped. So, in the end I’m sure the BMW is a far better ride l, safer, and I doubt it will match the x7 tow capacity. For +12k, I’ll go with the BMW. Kudos to ford though It looks like a nice suv and I’d prefer it to the whale Navigator.
If I wanted to save money I'd just get an Explorer with the 400hp engine and call it a day.
Appreciate 0