View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 01:40 AM   #2
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapie408 View Post
The other day had remotely started my, went in press the start stop button, put into gear expected to back up, nothing happened. Couldn't shift to gear or anything. Press the button again and the car shut off. Press again to manually start it up then I can put the car into gear.

Same time, I tell them very often, the car doesn't detect my key and won't unlock. I have to get the key out of the pocket and press the button on the keyfob. He proceeded and tell me he'll have me talk to the genious.

this is a computer/sensor issue not a genious issue. Sorry to say but when I took delivery of my car, I knew more about it than the genious and had to correct him on some feature.
Welcome to the automotive technology world. Most Service staff don't have a clue how the technology in these cars work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapie408 View Post
The other day had remotely started my, went in press the start stop button, put into gear expected to back up, nothing happened. Couldn't shift to gear or anything. Press the button again and the car shut off. Press again to manually start it up then I can put the car into gear.
This is by design so someone can't just walk up to your car, get in, put the car in gear and drive off without the key being present. Additionally, even if you do have the key present, I think you have to select a profile and I believe it requires you to enter your profile password before you can put the car in gear. Otherwise, you have to shut it off and back on again to put the car in gear. The key fob or digital key have to be present in any case before you can drive off.
Appreciate 0