View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 12:07 PM   #7
cheapie408
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7

sorry, I was writing the post on my phone and was kind of in a hurry. Hopefully this will clear it up.

1. When I remotely start the climate from my phone, I've always been able to get in the car (keys in pocket) step on brakes, press the "start/stop" button and the car would fully power up and I can shift into gear. More than once now, performing the same process doesn't allow me to shift into gear. In my head, I'm thinking maybe I didn't press the start/stop button, so I press it again. It would just shut down the car.

2. I have the car set to unlock as I approach. It's pretty good most of the time but many many times it doesn't unlock. When this happens, you should be able to grab the handle, it should unlock the car. Well it doesn't. I did a test recently, after the car wouldn't unlock from the drive side, I go to the trunk to try to open it that way, when it doesn't I walk around to the passenger side with no luck either. Only way to unlock is to use the actual keyfob button. I think I mentioned this issue in another thread, some suggested that it could be other metal object in my pocket. Short answer is no, I don't carry any other key on the car key. It's not even on a chain. When it's in my pocket, it's usually just by itself or with my cash (no money clip).

Mentioned the two seperate issues with SA, he tried to tell me I have to touch a certain area of the handle. I told him no and I demonstrated to him that it woudl open by just reaching in. He starred at me like it was something he just learned.

I'm about to head out to pick up the car for service for other issues for the 5 time in 6 months if you include the 2+ month of lock down. So technically the car has been in the shop for a week each month since ownership.
Appreciate 0