2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Actually, depending on how you have your profile setup, you do not need to enter your PIN/password when the car is remote started with your key fob or the BMWConnected app. In my case, I have my key fob matched to my profile with no PIN/password required (which is the most common setup for most drivers). When my car is remote started, after I get in the car, all I have to do is press my foot on the brake and press the start button - no PIN/password entry required. After I do that, the car goes into "normal start mode" where the radio will turn on and the steering wheel will move into the driving position. I put the car in gear, like normal, and just drive off.
Actually, I should have been more clear. I was referring to remote start with the phone app. If you use the phone app to remote start the vehicle you can't just hop in, put your foot on the break, put it in gear and drive off. You can with the key fob because you have to be within the detection distance of the car in order to even use the remote start on the key fob.

I think the OP is having a different issue which I'm not clearly understanding.
So I was curious about this and tried it. I remote started my X7 with the app, but I still did not need to put in a pin or password when I got in the X7. I have not looked too hard into this security feature, so there may be a security setting that I am missing, but I will speculate that because I have my key fob in my pocket, no pin or password is required if you remote start using the app as well. But who knows.... :

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0