06-04-2020, 11:40 PM   #14
cheapie408
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
I just tested this again today.

I "Climatized" the vehicle using the android app. The car started. I walked out to the car with my key fob in my pocket. Car is set to unlock with the touch of the handle (Not upon approaching). I opened the driver's door by touching the handle and got in the driver's seat. The car was running. Initially, the screen gave me the "Key Not Present" message. Within a few seconds the car recognized my key fob and displayed my profile name on the screen.

Next, I applied the brake pedal and attempted to release the emergency brake and put it in gear. No Joy! I tried 3 times to put it in gear by pressing the brake pedal and releasing the emergency brake. Still no joy. The vehicle will NOT allow me to drive the car even though the car is running and recognizes my key fob and my profile. I had to shut the vehicle off, apply the brake, start the vehicle and then I could drive away.

Either this is a bug or it's intentional so that no matter who enters the car after "Climatizing" it can't be driven until the car is shut off and restarted with the key fob or digital key present.

I am on software version 03/2020.31
This is exactly what I experienced I'm on the latest software.

Btw: mine doesn't say key not detected, it just doesn't shift into gear until I shutdown and crank back up.
Appreciate 0