View Single Post
      06-05-2020, 01:42 AM   #15
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapie408 View Post
This is exactly what I experienced I'm on the latest software.

Btw: mine doesn't say key not detected, it just doesn't shift into gear until I shutdown and crank back up.
Exactly. I did the same thing when I was on iStep version 07/2019.59. Only on the older iStep version I didn't get the "Key Not Detected" message. Probably because it was several minutes vice seconds before I entered the vehicle.

I think when I did it yesterday it was just a time delay. It was only about 20 seconds from the time the vehicle remote started and I got into the car. It was less than two seconds after I got in the car and got the "Key Not Detected" message and when it came back up and recognized my key fob and my profile. I believe it was just another software glitch with the "Key Not Detected" message.

Frankly, none of these issues surprises me. This has always been the nature of technology whether it be computers, cell phones, audio/video electronics, etc. Being in the technology industry for the last 30 years has prepared me to always expect glitches with both hardware and software.
Appreciate 0