View Single Post
      06-05-2020, 01:05 PM   #18
cheapie408
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
There is something missing from your vehicle entry process based on what you both stated. When you remote start the vehicle, before you can drive off (or even put it in drive or release the parking brake, etc) you need to place your foot on the brake AND press the engine start button first. Once that step is complete, the car will be ready to drive off. Based on what you stated, you are missing the step where you press the engine start button.

In my X7, when I get into the car after a remote start, there is a message in the dash that states I need to press the brake pedal and engine start button as well. Once I do this, the steering wheel moves into the normal drive position and my radio turns on (among other things that indicate the car is ready to drive after a remote start). I am on I-step 11/2019.50 if it matters (but I don't think so).
I think you missed the part when I said this is my normal procedure. I only "DID NOT" apply the brakes to see what it would do.

Quote:
1. When I remotely start the climate from my phone, I've always been able to get in the car (keys in pocket) step on brakes, press the "start/stop" button and the car would fully power up and I can shift into gear. More than once now, performing the same process doesn't allow me to shift into gear. In my head, I'm thinking maybe I didn't press the start/stop button, so I press it again. It would just shut down the car.
Appreciate 0