Thread: Chrome Delete
View Single Post
      05-14-2020, 06:19 PM   #3
Mrhpsn
Registered
Rep
Drives: 14’ 640i GC M SPORT

Thank you for the response. I will request the itemized breakdown before proceeding. They come highly recommended as they do a lot of high end cars for athletes between here and LA. Warranty is included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFU View Post
I'm going to assume that you don't have M sport. The powder-coating of the wheels coat is a mid-range quote compared to what I have seen (about $200-250 per wheel at this diameter).

Is this chrome delete via wrapping or via OEM replacement parts or some combination? I'm going to guess the wrap route, since the replacement parts alone would be more than the quoted figure, and they look to be a wrap shop. I don't have personal experience of the cost to do wraps of all the trim they mentioned. I've been quoted somewhere between $200-$300 for wrapping the front grill before. I'd want to know if they have a warranty and what it covers.

Also, ask them to itemize the charges. Things like the grill (and maybe side step trim) have OE replacement gloss black parts that are just slightly more than the cost to wrap, and will hold up better generally. They should be familiar with how to R&R those parts.
Appreciate 0